9-Year Old Boy Recycling & Saving the Oceans from Garbage!
Earth avoidance and the widening nature gap | Vernon LaVia | TEDxNaperville
Vernon LaVia Highlight
- President Teddy Roosevelt & John Muir
At the end of the 19th century, these two men altered the course of the planet, by showing the importance of land conservation & preservation to not only our country but many other countries in the World that followed suit.
- Singapore May Have Best Solution for Ocean Garbage
- …This nimble, wealthy city-state…sends only 2% of its solid waste to landfill, burns 38% of it to generate electricity and recycles the remaining 60%.
- PLASTIC KILLS PILOT WHALE: (Remember…these are mammals, like we are!)
- Pregnant Sperm Whale Killed by Garbage:
- Mom Feeds Plastic to Baby:
Birds that swim to catch their food– like the penguin, albatross, shearwater, petrel, puffin, auklet, murre, and many others–gobble up plastic, Styrofoam, Q-tips, wrappers, and a myriad of other garbage that looks like food bits in murky water. Mass die-offs are occurring.
By some estimates, as many as 90% of sea birds have plastic in their stomach, leaching slow poison into their systems, destined to cause mass reductions in numbers and probable extinction of many:
- Plastic Garbage Patch Bigger Than Mexico Found in Pacific
And, Henderson Island in the South Pacific was “crowned” the most polluted spot on earth, with at least 38 Million pieces of garbage on it.